1896 - The Eichholtz-Smucker Funeral Home and Furniture Store originated in West Liberty, Ohio. William Eichholtz became the first member of the Eichholtz family to serve Logan County in their time of grief.
1903 - Eichholtz Funeral Home and Furniture Store moved to Bellefontaine, Ohio, locating its first facility on West Columbus Street, presently the location of Tanger’s Furniture Store.
1920 - Eichholtz Funeral Home relocated to its new facility on South Detroit Street in Bellefontaine. William Eichholtz was joined in the business by Max Leonard.
1932 - Rush Eichholtz Sr. joined the family firm where he remained active until his death in 1975.
1940 - Joe E. Jones joined the staff of Eichholtz Funeral Home, after graduating from the Cincinnati School of Embalming. In 1952, he became a partner with Rush Eichholtz and Herb Hill. Joe retired in 1980, but remained active in the business until his death in 1994.
1942 - Eichholtz Funeral Home moved to its current location at 321 North Main Street in Bellefontaine. The building was built in 1850 and most of the original structure remains visible today.
1946 - R. Herbert Hill joined the staff at Eichholtz Funeral Home after serving in World War II. He became a partner with Rush Eichholtz and Joe E. Jones in 1952. Herb retired in 1985, and remained active in the business until his death in 1997.
1974 - Rush "Bud" Eichholtz Jr. joined the family firm, continuing the Eichholtz family tradition of serving Logan County families in their time of need.
1978 - The Kauffman Funeral Home of West Liberty, Ohio, merges with the Eichholtz Funeral Home, forming a partnership.
1990 - Jeffrey L. Smith became a partner in the Eichholtz firm, joining Rush "Bud" Eichholtz as the managing partners of Eichholtz Funeral Homes, Inc.
1994 - A 2000 square foot addition was built at the Eichholtz Funeral Home in Bellefontaine.
1995 - Eichholtz Funeral Homes purchased the Rose Funeral Homes in Belle Center and Rushsylvania, Ohio.
2006 - Eichholtz Funeral Homes purchased the Van Horn Funeral Homes in Lakeview and Jackson Center, Ohio and made extensive renovations to both facilities.
2012 - Eichholtz Funeral Homes announce Trey F. Daring and Dennis J. Sanford are the newest managing partners with the retirement of Jeff Smith.
2013 - The Lakeview funeral home location, Smith-Eichholtz, Myron Van Horn Chapel was sold to Shoffstall Funeral Home in Lakeview.
2014 - The Rexer-Riggin-Madden Funeral Home, serving the DeGraff and Quincy Ohio communities since 1868, is purchased and renamed Daring & Sanford Funeral Home. This continues the tradition of serving the DeGraff and Quincy communities with a local, family owned and operated funeral home.
2015 - A 2000 square feet addition was added to the Bellefontaine location housing Bellefontaine's first crematory and cremation center. The state-of-the-art cremator is also Logan County's first and only crematory owned and operated by Logan County families. In addition to the crematory, the expansion also provided a handicapped accessible casket selection room, cremation selection area as well a serenity room. The serenity room provides an private area for our families wishing to witness the cremation process.
2020- Eichholtz Daring & Sanford Pets cremation service was officially opened to provide quality professional service for pets. Our staff is dedicated to provide the dignity and respectful service your pet deserves.